Dr. Aleix Prat
- Head of the Medical Oncology of Hospital Clínic of Barcelona
- Associate Professor of the University of Barcelona and the Head of the Translational Genomics and Targeted Therapeutics in Solid Tumors Group at IDIBAPS .
- In 2008, He became a postdoctoral research associate at the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA) in the Laboratory of Prof. Charles M. Perou.
- In 2012, he returned to Barcelona as the Head of the Translational Genomics Group at VHIO and more recently, he moved to Hospital Clínic and IDIBAPS.
- He designs and leads clinical trials of novel drugs and approaches, and is currently the scientific coordinator of SOLTI, a Spanish breast cancer cooperative group.
- Dr. Prat received the International Prize for Breast Cancer Research (Padova, Italy) for his scientific discoveries regarding the characterization and clinical value of the intrinsic subtypes.
- Since 2007,he has actively taken part in a total of 105 publications (H-score of 33), with a total of 5,486 citations and 45 communications in international congresses.